COVID-19 Student Resources
COVID-19 Student Resources
Open for fall. Open for all.
Students have enough to worry about right now. COVID-19 has upended their lives in countless ways. Yet they’ve stuck with it. And now it’s time for change. This fall, PSU is reopening safely for in-person classes, and we are welcoming as many students as possible — no stress required.
Portland State is rising to the challenge of COVID-19 by developing new ways to learn, live and connect — on and off campus. To protect your health and well-being, nearly all our classes are remote through summer 2021, but our campus is open — with new safety measures — to provide student support. PSU returns to primarily in-person instruction for fall 2021.
- All students attending classes on our downtown Portland campus beginning in fall 2021 will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 Vaccinations website for more information.
COVID-19 Testing at SHAC
- Two types of COVID-19 tests are available at the Center for Student Health and Counseling (SHAC) by appointment and after the appropriate screening by phone at 503-725-2800.
- The COVID-19 advice nurse provides free guidance on symptoms and testing to PSU students, faculty and staff at 503-725-2800.
Health Precautions on Campus
- Required self-check for COVID-19 symptoms before coming to campus.
- Disposable masks are available at many locations across campus for any person who may need one.
- Hand sanitizer and cleaning wipes are available throughout campus.
- Enhanced custodial services include more frequent cleaning of high-touch and high-traffic areas.
- Any student employees required to work on campus should view the PSU COVID-19 Training to learn about critically important health and safety steps.
- Visit the Masks, Hygiene, and Sanitation webpage for more information.
If you have symptoms
If you suspect you may have COVID-19, are awaiting test results or have been diagnosed, don’t come to campus. Complete the COVID-19 Reporting Form and a representative from SHAC Health Services will be in contact with you to initiate any campus-based contact tracing.
Any PSU students, instructors of all types and staff may consult the COVID-19 advice nurse for free guidance on symptoms and for testing at 503-725-2800.
Student Health and Counseling (SHAC)
The Center for Student Health and Counseling (SHAC) is offering a mixture of telehealth and in-person office visits for counseling, dental and health services. All services are by appointment only.
Stay active and manage stress with Campus Rec’s in person facilities and virtual events. The center is open and you can also access a variety of virtual recreation and wellbeing resources online!
Learn how the Portland State University community is standing together against the global COVID-19 pandemic. Check out a dashboard that tracks cases of COVID-19 on campus.