Student Conduct during COVID-19
In order to promote social distancing to limit the spread of COVID-19, the Student Conduct department within the Dean of Student Life Office is currently operating remotely. Our commitment to serving our students and the greater university community continues. You can learn more about any current processes during the pandemic on our COVID-19 and Student Conduct page.
The mission of the Portland State University Conduct & Community Standards Program is to promote a culture of integrity and respect, as articulated in the Student Code of Conduct. The Office of the Dean of Student Life administers the University's Student Code of Conduct, which provides a process for addressing student misconduct.
- To promote a campus environment that supports the overall educational mission of the University
- To protect the University community from disruption and harm
- To encourage appropriate standards of individual and group behavior
- To foster ethical standards and engaged citizens
What We Do
- Develop, disseminate, interpret, and enforce campus regulations
- Teach students about appropriate behavior and community membership
- Foster students' intellectual, ethical and cultural development
- Intervene and effectively address behavior that violates the Code of Conduct
- Offer educational and leadership opportunities for students who participate in the conduct process
Policies and Codes of Conduct
The Student Code of Conduct is the document that articulates the expectations we set for student members of our community, as well as the process that will be used when conduct falls outside of those expectations. The Office of the Dean of Student Life administers the Code, and can assist students with any concerns about the conduct process or how the Code can support student learning.
If you have any questions about Title IX, please contact PSU’s Title IX Coordinator, Julie Caron at email@example.com or (503) 725-4410. Julie's office is located at 1600 SW 4th Avenue, in the Richard and Maureen Neuberger Center RMNC - Suite 830. Title IX pertains to any form of sex/gender discrimination, discriminatory harassment, sexual harassment or sexual violence.