Covid-19 Resources

This photo is decorative. A sky view of the Portland State University Campus.


Visiting Campus

At this time, PSU is not requiring staff or students to have a negative COVID-19 test to visit campus. However, it is recommended that you verify and follow departmental guidelines. If you are exhibiting any COVID like symptoms please do not come to campus. If you have questions, call SHAC first at 725-2800 so you can speak to a nurse.


SHAC currently has the Moderna vaccine available for students only. There is no cost to receive the vaccine. Please call the SHAC main line at 503.725.2800 if you have any questions.

If you are not a student and fall into one of the eligible categories set by the state or want to receive eligibility updates, you can sign up by going to the Oregon COVID Vaccine website and follow the instructions.

Locating COVID-19 Vaccines

How to locate a COVID-19 vaccine:

Resources for COVID-19 testing in the Portland Metro Area:

COVID Tests for Travel:

If you are asymptomatic, have NOT had an exposure to COVID-19, and want a COVID test for travel please be aware of the following:

CDC Virus

COVID-19 Reporting Form

Inform SHAC of COVID-19 positive test results or diagnosis to help PSU initiate centralized university level responses to protect our community. Please report if you've been to PSU within the past two weeks. 

If you think you've been exposed to COVID-19, don't complete this form. Call SHAC at 503.725.2800.

All PSU Covid-19 Updates

COVID-19 Daily Self Checklists

Health Services

We are working closely with state and local health authorities, to ensure we continue to provide safe, quality care while limiting further spread of the virus. 

Counseling Services

We recognize that we are living in a very stressful and anxiety provoking time. Know that you are not alone. We are here to help. Please consider using the following resources to help you cope: 

SHAC Resources:

SHAC COVID-19 Campus Collaborations/Webinars:

General COVID-19 Mental Health Information:


Anxiety and Depression:


Surviving and Resisting Hate:

Seek Help:

  • If you are in crisis and need urgent support, call SHAC Counseling Services at (503)725-2800 during any of our open hours M - Th 9am - 5pm |  Fri 10am-5pm. Closed daily from 12-1pm.
  • You can access additional support by contacting the Multnomah County Crisis line (503-988-4888) or the Crisis Text Line (text HOME to 741741).  
  • If you need in-person evaluation, Unity Center for Behavioral Health (1225 NE 2nd Ave) has a mental health emergency room. 
  • SAMHSA also offers a Disaster Distress Hotline 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746.