Health Promotion Current Updates
- COVID Conversations - Join the PSU community on Tuesday, May 18 5:30-6:30pm as we have COVID Conversations around the COVID-19 vaccines, myths, fears and accessing local resources. This event has anonymous participation and is designed in a Q&A format, so please bring any questions you have regarding COVID-19 vaccinations. The panel consists of a SHAC Health Services Physician, SHAC Counseling Services Clinician, PSU institutional member, PSU student facilitator and student panelist. To register, fill out the Google Form.
- Substance Use Survey - Participate in a 10 minute survey on your substance use and harm reduction behaviors to inform program development, and be entered in a random drawing to receive a $20 Amazon gift card.
- Virtual Mind Spa - A virtual space for students to relax, rest, and recharge with access to resources designed to engage mindfulness practices and maintain emotional and physical wellbeing.
- What’s Up? - A podcast for students, by students, dedicated to discussing various health and wellness topics including: fat liberation, racism in healthcare, demystifying therapy, and so much more.
- Peer Recovery Support - Individual and group meetings for students in recovery to meet peers, locate resources, and build community.
- Bystander Intervention - A training to help cultivate a safer community for everyone at PSU by learning skills to engage when it looks like someone could use some help.
- Wellness Workshops and Support Groups - In addition to individual clinical support, SHAC Counseling offers drop-in workshops around grief, anxiety, and stress, and affinity-based support groups for students of color and queer and trans students.