Academic Coaching Resources
Kurzweil 3000 - A free online document support tool!
Convert PDFs with ease! Kurzweil 3000 is a free support software with a wide range of uses for working with electronic docs! Use it to convert docs from text to speech, mark up docs, take notes, create outlines, and build brainstorms -- all in one place! Try it on your own or meet with a coach for a demo!
- Goal Setting
- Test Taking
- On-campus Resources
- Online + Remote Learning Support
- Active Learning Tips
- Cooperative and Collaborative Learning
- Generating Questions from Lecture Notes
- Kurzweil Interest Form
- Nine Types of Mnemonics for Better Memory
- Online Learning Styles Profile Survey
- The PRR Study Method
- Pomodoro Method
- Prepping for Midterms and Finals Video (Runtime 21:06)
- SQ4R: An Active Reading Strategy Handout
- SQ4R: An Active Reading Strategy Video (Runtime 20:55)
- The Study Cycle
- Study Smarter, Not Harder Handout
- Study Smarter, Not Harder Video (Runtime 32:08)
- Emergency Test Preparation
- Preparing for and Taking Tests
- Reduce Test Anxiety in Seven Days
- Tips for Different Kinds of Tests
- Dear Professor: Effective Communication with Professors Video (Runtime 23:34)
- Hello, Motivation...Where Are You? Video (Runtime 17:33)
- Make a Personal Academic Calendar
- Motivation Tips
- Online Self-Care Assessment
- Online Time Survey
- Self-Management - Setting Priorities
- Taking Control of the Clock: Self-management Strategies Video (Runtime 21:53)
- Tips for Procrastination
Want Personalized Support?
Meet with an academic coach!
An academic coach can help with strategies for organizing your time, reading more effectively, how to approach a test, motivation, and more. Academic coaching supports academic success!
More on Note-taking!
Visit the DRC's Note-taking Guide
PSU's Disability Resource Center has an extensive guide to note-taking for a variety of learning styles on their website. Check it out for tips, workshop videos, and more!