Trans Resources

The TReC position is our point person to resources for trans, nonbinary, intersex, and questioning students. They meet with trans students to support them navigating gender identity and resources to support them at PSU such as with Legal Name Overrides. This student coordinator also plans TEMPRR Days and TACC and can support staff interested in learning how to better support trans students. Reach out to the TreC over email for support at Please visit our TReC Hub website for more information.

Click Here to Visit the TReC Hub

SHAC Trans Health Resource Guide

The Center for Student Health and Counseling offers a comprehensive health guidelines for transgender students including information on the Queer and Trans Care Team at SHAC, available health services at SHAC, referral information, guidance with PSU health insurance, and more. See the SHAC Trans Health Resource Guide below.

SHAC Trans Health Advocacy

The Center for Student Health and Counseling's Trans Health Advocate is Christi Ziegler. Christi can provide information about trans specific resources with SHAC and the PacificSource Student Health Plan. Have questions or want to make an appointment to discuss trans student healthcare? Email



Legal Name/Gender Update Support

Student Legal Services offers support for students seeking to update their name and/or their legal gender marker(s). Complete the intake form below to get in contact with SLS to find out more information

All Gender Campus Housing

All Gender Housing at Portland State University is intended to provide comfortable living options for all students. All Gender Housing is a roommate matching option wherein any two students can share a unit (i.e., residence hall room, apartment) regardless of gender.

File a Complaint

Transgender students are included under Title IX protections. PSU prohibits discrimination on the basis of gender identity and expression. Any questions about PSU’s Prohibited Discrimination & Harassment policy can be directed to the Office of Global Diversity and Inclusion. Share complaints by email at or telephone number 503-725-5919.

Guidelines for Changing Name and Gender/Sex on IDs

Find out how to get a legal name change where you live and update your name/gender on state and federal IDs and records. Contact Student Legal Services for more specific help on this process.