Below you will find legal resources on a variety of topics. If you are PSU student and have not already submitted an appointment request form for help with your legal matter, we encourage you to start there- you may be eligible for free legal help from our office!
For those that are not eligible, or for issues outside our scope, we have included links for free & low-cost legal resources below.
Our Most Common Legal Matter Types
Other Legal Resources
- United States Bankruptcy Court: District of Oregon - Information about filing for bankruptcy in Oregon.
- Oregon State Bar Association: Bankruptcy and Debt - Basic information about bankruptcy in Oregon.
- Legal Aid Services of Oregon: Bankruptcy Information - Information materials about bankruptcy provided by Legal Aid Services of Oregon (LASO) and OregonLawHelp.org. LASO also holds Pro Bono Bankruptcy Clinics. The Clinics provides advice and free representation by volunteer attorneys for low-income individuals. To learn more, or make an appointment, call LASO at 503.224.4086.
- FTC.gov. This website by the Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about identity theft, as well as consumer credit reports and numerous other consumer issues.
- Dfr.oregon.gov. This website by the Oregon Insurance Division provides basic information about automobile insurance. Go to Insurance for Consumers.
- Doj.state.or.us. This website by the Oregon Department of Justice, Consumer Protection Division. Go to Consumer Protection and choose from the drop-down list of topics.
- www.donotcall.gov. This website by the Federal Trade Commission allows you to join the Do Not Call Registry to stop telephone calls from telemarketers.
- Oregon.gov. This website provides basic instructions to Oregon employers about wage garnishment. Go to Technical Assistance for Employers Garnishments.
- Oregon State Bar Lawyer Referral Service (503-684-3763 or 800-4525-7636). The Oregon State Bar may be able to refer you to an attorney for a low-cost consultation regarding a consumer issue.
- Metropolitan Public Defender - A nonprofit law firm which provides legal assistance to individuals with criminal matters. Also holds an expungement clinic periodically call for details). Has offices in Portland and Hillsboro.
- Multnomah County Probate and Estates - Free information about wills and trusts, and relevant forms.
- OSB Wills, Trusts and Elder Law- Free information about wills and trusts, Power of Attorney and more.
- Multnomah District Attorney's Office: Criminal Record Expunction - Online resource designed to assist individuals with assessment of their expungement eligibility, provides expungement forms, instructions, and a link to the statutes.